6 Benefits of Adding Marine Collagen To Your Diet
Did you know that collagen is more than an ingredient in skincare? It is in fact one of the most widespread and abundant proteins in the body. Collagen is the main structural component that forms the connective tissues throughout our body – ranging from muscles, tendons, and ligaments all the way through to skin and bones.
Any skincare product that is enriched with collagen is in high demand. But adding collagen to your diet, such as the collagen found within our X50 pure collagen can ensure your body reaps the impressive benefits of this protein, nourishing your cells from within.
Being one of the most versatile proteins found within the body’s connective tissues, collagen has a range of benefits. There are 3 different types of collagen, with Type 1 being the most abundant in the body, followed by Type III and Type II. Type I and III are most beneficial in reducing the signs of aging, working alongside elastin to improve overall skin health and elasticity. Type II collagen is the type of collagen that cushions your joints, providing support and stability to your bones. We know that as we age, our collagen stores will drop too, and the only way to replace them is through supplementation such as our X50 pure collagen.
Here are 6 reasons to add a collagen supplement to your diet today!
- Collagen Helps Prevent Hair Loss: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Your hair can benefit from collagen in a wide range of ways from preventing thinning and hair loss, to maintaining colour and preventing those pesky grey hairs. Regular collagen consumption will help you maintain your luscious locks for years to come.
- Collagen Keeps Bones Strong: Did you know that your bones are made up mostly of collagen? Collagen helps to maintain your bones strength and integrity. Adding a collagen supplement helps to continue to support healthy bones, even as we age. This can prevent bone breakdown and ultimately conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis later in life.
- Collagen Boosts Heart Health: We often think of reducing fatty and salty foods as the main way to care for our heart, however adding collagen to our diets can help to provide strength to the artery walls of the heart. This works to reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular related conditions such as heart attack and heart disease.
- Collagen Helps Strengthen Nails: Collagen can help to strengthen weak nails by preventing brittleness. Regularly taking a collagen supplement helps your nails to grow longer and stronger.
- Collagen Keeps Skin Healthy: A major component of your skin's makeup is collagen. Collagen plays a huge role in providing strength, elasticity, and hydration to your skin. Supplementing the skin with collagen peptides helps to improve overall elasticity in your skin, leading to a reduction in the signs of aging. This can ultimately help to prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dry skin. Improving skin elasticity and hydration, can help to stop the development and appearance of wrinkles.
Collagen May Support Gut Health: If you haven’t already jumped on board the trend of nourishing your gut from within, this may just convince you. Collagen can help to nourish and strengthen the gut, reducing the incidence and severity of leaky gut syndrome. Collagen helps to provide anti-inflammatory properties and prevent breakdown of the intestinal lining.
So there you have it, not only is collagen so versatile, but our X50 pure collagen is unflavoured and odourless, leaving you with endless options to enjoy. Some of our favourites are smoothie bowls, stirred into a water bottle with some fresh fruit, or mixed into some yogurt topped with some nuts. Soak up the benefits of stronger skin, muscles, hair, bones, improved gut health – the health benefits are endless. To learn more about what X50 pure collagen can do for you – click here