The Brownies That'll Help Your Skin!
MATCHA BROWNIES 🍵
Matcha has the power to reduce puffiness, skin inflammation, and dark under-eye circles because of its high vitamin K content, a vitamin that promotes better blood circulation. It can be added to your diet in multiple ways including this tasty treat thats good for you!
Vegan │ Dairy Free │ Low Carb
› 2 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed Meal
› ¾ Cup Coconut Sugar or Granulated Monkfruit Sweetener
› ½ Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
› ⅔ Cup Plant Mylk (room temperature)
› 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
› ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
› 1 Cup Almond Flour
› ¼ tsp Baking Soda
› ¾ Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate (chopped chunks)
› 1 x Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
› 1 ½ tsp X50 Matcha Powder
› 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
› ⅔ Cup Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener or Ground Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 20cmx20cm deep baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flaxseed meal, sweetener of choice and coconut oil. Using a hand of stand mixer, mix until combined. Add the plant mylk of choice and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder and baking soda to the wet mixture. Using a spoon or hands, mix until fully combined. The mixture will be quick stiff.
- Sprinkle in the chopped chocolate. Incorporate using hands. Spread out evenly in your prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. When ready, allow to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, for the matcha frosting: Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge, ideally for at least 2 hours to harden. Open up the refrigerated coconut milk and spoon out the coconut cream from the water. Add the coconut cream to a mixing bowl and discard the liquid (or save for another recipe).
- Begin by whipping the coconut cream until small peaks form. Add in the matcha and vanilla extract. Whip until combined. Add in your choice of sweetener and mix until combine and fluffy.
- When ready to serve, smooth the frosting over the brownies. Slice and enjoy!