What is Matcha?
Matcha is made from finely powdered dried Japanese tea leaves, that is a vibrant green colour. The vibrant green is a result of the high chlorophyll levels, from the shady environments in which it grows.
What are the Matcha Health Benefits?
1. Detoxifies Naturally
Matcha is a powerhouse of Chlorophyll, making it the perfect drink to reboot your system!
2. Clears, Protects and Helps Maintains Healthy Skin
Matcha contains an amazingly high concentration of catechins and antioxidants. This can help slow down cell degeneration that is responsible for causing:
- Loss of collagen and skin elasticity
3. Boost Fat Burning & Longer Energy
Matcha boosts fat burning up to 45%.
The Natural caffeine in green tea is absorbed and released slowly by the body over a period of 6-8 hours.
How To Make Traditional Matcha Tea
HOW TO MAKE MATCHA FOR 1 🍵
Vegan │ Gluten Free
› 1 tsp X50 Green Tea Powder
› ¾ Cup Hot Water (not quite boiling – around 80°C)
- Scoop the matcha using a Chashaku (tea ladle) and drop into a Chawan (tea bowl).
- Slowly pour a splash of the hot water on top of the matcha.
- Using a traditional Chasen (bamboo matcha whisk) - incorporate the matcha to get rid of any lumps.
- Slowly pour the remaining water.
- Take the whisk in one hand and hold the rim of the tea bowl with your other hand. Whisk the matcha and hot water briskly in a quick stroking motion. When the tea has small bubbles, start whisking the surface of the tea, and continue until matcha has a thick froth.
- MATCHA WITH A TWIST! If you like a creamy version feel free to froth ⅓ cup plant-based milk of your choice. Pour straight into your matcha creation. Enjoy!